Fundraise for Local Events and Initiatives
Local grassroots groups may want to run or participate in a large event that costs money, purchase a billboard for an issue, raise funds for some other initiative, or even just get the non-profit discount on a rental fee. This can sometimes be a challenging process for grassroots groups without the infrastructure and funding of an organization.
Groups can now apply to have their initiative sponsored by TWW. If approved, the initiative is adopted a project in the TWW programs, and we will coordinate with the local group to set up fundraising tools, event fees, etc. as the project requires. The local group will manage and run their own project, including promoting fundraising efforts to cover the cost, with the support of the TWW national team.
Apply for Sponsorship
Have an event or civic engagement that you would like TWW USA to sponsor?
Examples of sponsored projects:
- Billboards and specific initiatives, such as GOTV
- Fundraising to cover the cost of an event
- Donation drives for specific causes or organizations
- Purchase of group educational materials, banners, signs, or event supplies
Support and Fundraise for Candidates
As a non-profit corporation, TWW is registered on ActBlue and is able to create and manage what are called “tandem campaigns” with one or more specific candidates. Tandem campaigns are single fundraisers that split donations evenly between recipients, or allow the donor to choose the split. Here are some ways they can be used:
- Raise funds for a specific candidate and TWW
- Run a fundraiser for a whole list of progressive candidates, and allow people to choose who they give to (for instance, all the candidates your group support for a congressional seat)
ActBlue sends all funds directly to the candidates, and TWW can see how much money we’ve raised for our progressive seats!
(Contact Bethany Amborn with any questions on fiscal sponsorship)