TWW Roundup: The Joke’s on U.S.
Claiming to put America’s interests first, Trump announced last week that he is pulling the U.S. out of the Paris Climate Accord. He characterized the decision as necessary in order to stop other countries from laughing at America. But the joke’s on us. Trump is an embarrassment. World leaders have publicly made jokes about Trump and admonished him for his shortsightedness. Once again, Trump has shown both his ignorance and lack of vocabulary by claiming he might renegotiate the accord to be more “fair” to the U.S. If only someone would buy the man a thesaurus!
Almost immediately, governors and mayors across the country stepped up to say that their city or state will continue to abide by the accord. Governors of New York, California and Washington formed the U.S. Climate Alliance and asked other states to join to support the Paris agreement. So far, 68 mayors across the U.S., members of the Mayors National Climate Action Agenda, pledged to continue abiding by the accord.
- If your governor or mayor hasn’t yet joined one of the organizations pledging to abide by the accord, please write, email, fax or tweet and ask them to do so.
- Donate to environmental groups like the Sierra Club, Defenders of Wildlife or the National Audubon Society.
- Reduce, reuse and recycle!
- This past weekend was the March for Truth in 150 cities. Protesters demanded an independent investigation into Russia-Gate, release of Trump’s taxes, and more public information regarding the ongoing investigation.
- Former F.B.I. Director, James Comey, is scheduled to testify before Congress this Thursday. However, many suspect the White House will try to block his testimony citing “Executive Privilege.”
- The House Intelligence Committee issued subpoenas last week to two of Trump’s cronies, Flynn and Cohen.
- Robert Mueller continues to investigate Russia-gate.
The New York Times, Comey expected to testify before Senate, if he isn’t blocked
Ty Starks Morgan is an attorney who has worked in the foster care system for 23 years. She is the mother of two teen sons, two dogs, three cats, and a plethora of rescued foster animals.
Help us keep the lights on
We hope this information helps. For more updates like this, stay tuned to the Together We Will Newsroom, and please consider supporting our 100%-volunteer-run organization by making a $5-10 donation to our grassroots efforts.